Thursday, June 30, 2005

some words about the second release

I think I did a pretty good job on "Building the Wheel Called Electricity". The first CD was more, surprising "wow, this is turning out pretty nicely!". This one is more, "I like this, and some of it I like very much".

The CD title is from a dream I had, during the morning of one of the warmer days in the early spring 2005 (there were a couple of unusually warm days). There was this... landing craft type thing that I was riding in, and it was coming to shore readying for the landing. The front ramp was swinging down, splash, and there were two guys in front of me, not in uniforms or anything, just jeans, dark t-shirts, with sort of roughly carved unfinished wooden rifles, old fashioned M1 Garand style. I did not see their faces, but they were very excited and happy. The front of the landing craft came down, into the water-- they ran ashore, splashing-- it was lake water, and there was some kind of event going on, onshore, like they were running to a picnic: the whole thing was some kind of drill, it seems. As they splashed ashore, they yelled, gung ho style, also kind of giddy: "We are Building the Wheel Called Electricity!!".

This was just before I woke up in the morning, their mood was so infections that I was grinning, and the odd phrase just stuck with me as the dream dissipated, just like the smile from the fading Cheshire cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home