Wednesday, October 04, 2006

another theory about things...

There is a large amount of art that is very interesting that when I see it, I remember that I like it but I do not take the time to follow up on who did it or what it is.


Futurist art is some, and especially Vorticist art. There was a great deal of cultural movement in Europe that was put on hold before World Wars I and II, and it never got picked back up. So that whole set of dialogues, viewpoints, consciousnesses, zeitgeists, whatever... never got resumed. So my theory is that we are beckoned by events to return to those things a century ago, to examine them more fully and maybe resume them, or pity them, or answer them: a great deal of effort, intellect and energy is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home