Wednesday, August 08, 2012

7.23cm

I learned about the significance of 7.23cm. It is the wavelength of a vibration that goes on everywhere, coming from everything. A "cosmic" vibration. Moreover, I learned that the frequency of a sound wave with this wavelength is 4744.1217 Hz. Isn't that wonderful?

So I have some thoughts and here they are:

If you extrapolate down from that wavelength, you can create a 12 note scale. You can do this by dividing the number by 1.059463095, and then dividing that resulting number by 1.059463095, and so on. At some point you'll come close to the 440 Hz frequency that you can use as a tuning frequency, then tune your guitar or whatever thing, and you'd have a thing that was tuned based on that cosmic frequency.








1 Comments:

Anonymous Raphael Schindler said...

I am interested in if you have an opinion as to why 440Hz is the "tuning frequency" you are using, vs 432Hz. I haven't been much informed about the significance of the one over the other; it's only that I have heard that there is something "special" about 432Hz.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home