Tuesday, February 01, 2005

OK, some news

I recently joined the IndieRadio Live website and they were kind enough to post a news article announcing Utenzil's debut CD.

Somewhat unexpectedly, I've climbed to the #1 position on RadioIndy.com's Electronic Genre Chart. This is good.

I'm sending around CDs to some Podcasters who are banding together. Podcasters are the underground of internet radio, more undeground than college radio is to FM. Mostly, I'm sure, they are doing this just for free CDs, but it can be very fun to listen to.

I've been going to a few small stores in my area, looking to see if they would like to set up a display to sell CDs from. I have gotten some favorable responses, and so I will be putting together some small displays.

I know this all seems very small scale, but I am seeing more and more that this is the Independent Record Business, and in addition I am putting a portion of proceeds to a cause that is very worthy so that kind of keeps me going at it.

Now, what I want to do, dear reader, is announce when Utenzil will be playing live, what I CAN say is that is not on the radar until the weather is warmer.

Miscellaneous Items of Interest:

Some really wild artwork I came across on the web, by a very talented artist. Dark, surreal and mysterious-- drawing on some of the ancient worlds more obscure mythology.

Also, if you are a musician, and you have not checked out Ableton's Live 4.1 then I would encourage you to, because I've really enjoyed using it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home